Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. Come worship with us at 9:30 on Sunday! We are worshipping inside. You are welcome to watch the service livestreamed on our YouTube channel
Sally Wilke will be delivering the message on Sunday, July 25.
2. Pastor Ioan will be out of the office through July 28. For pastoral emergencies, call Pastors Kevin & Sue Blader (First Christian Church of Winterset) at 515-468-1941.
3. Blood Drive – Our next Blood Drive is Tuesday, July 27 from 2-7 pm. Cookies and bars are needed. Please bring them to the church no later than noon on Tuesday. To make your blood donation appointment, call 1-800-287-4903. Thank you!
4. We received a very nice thank you card from Ronnie & Shirley Addy for our help to them through our transportation ministry…Because of you, there’s someone who is thanking God today, Someone who appreciates your warm and caring way, Someone who’s remembering the special things you do And wishing you HIs blessings every day the whole year through. Sincerely, Ronnie & Shirley Addy
5. Dan & Lonna Nielsen invite you to an Open House Couple’s Shower for JD Nielsen & Alison Deangelis to celebrate their upcoming wedding in September. Join us on Saturday, July 24 from 2:00-5:00 pm at the Winterset Livery, 116 S. 1st Avenue. Come congratulate the couple!
6. Congregation COVID Guidelines Update – Masks are optional for all services and ministries at St Paul. Please come, worship, and be fed-we’ve missed you! We are also continuing to livestream Sunday services on our youtube channel, or you can catch the recording posted the next day. If you want to wear a mask, or keep some distance between yourself and others at any service or ministry, for any reason, please do so with St. Paul’s full blessing.
7. Transportation Ministry – St. Paul has begun an ongoing Transportation Ministry. Our first recipients on this transportation ministry are Ronnie and Shirley Addy who need transportation to Ronnie’s kidney dialysis three days a week in south Des Moines at Fresenius Kidney Care, 6651 SW 9th Street. His appointments begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at approximately1:30 p.m. He needs to be picked up no later than 8:40 at North Ward, 415 N. 2nd Street, Winterset, at the south door of the east building. Ronnie will be unable to get into a high vehicle. Please contact Shirley with any questions 515-468-0121. Ronnie’s cell is 515-468-1982.
Please use this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-transportation to SignUp Genius to indicate when you will are willing to drive Ronnie to and/or from his appointment. Please include your cell phone number in the comments. This is a long-term ministry, so check back often as SignUp Genius is updated.
8. Sunday Bible Study: Bible Study meets in person only at 10:30 a.m. following Sunday morning worship in the frontmost classroom by the front office. During the class, we invite questions, comments, and connections, as we expand upon the readings from the worship service.
9. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, July 25, 9:30 am. – Worship Leader: Sally Wilke; Greeters/Ushers: Mark & Brenda Hollingsworth; Reader: Ted Leonard; Sound: Wayne Martens; Videographer: Debi Martens; Musician: Georgine Bellamy; Singer: Sue Hansen; Counters:Dan Nielsen, Lisa Vossekuil; Communion Bread: Pat Nelson; Communion Servers (need two): John & Kim Patience.
10. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, August 1, 9:30 am. – Greeters/Ushers: Jason & Nicole Darling; Reader: NEEDED; Sound: Dan Nielsen; Videographer: Lonna Nielsen; Musician: Clarice Blanchard; Singer: Lori Paup; Counters:Wayne Martens, Lisa Vossekuil; Communion Bread: Karen Meyer; Communion Servers (need two): NEEDED
11. God Squad – St. Paul wants to bring back our 4 year old through 6th grade Christian education ministry on Wednesday evenings, which we call God Squad. But we need volunteers to do that. If you can volunteer once a month to lead a specialized activity like art, music, science or games, please consider helping. If you can volunteer to teach a class each week, please consider helping. A church without kids is a church without a future. We want to return our ministry to as close to normal as possible in September, so the plan for God Squad is 5:40p-7:00p on Wednesdays throughout the school year starting September 15th, 2021. Please check out the various roles and program description on Sign-Up Genius:
12. VBS August 11th and 12th: It’s that time of year again and we are so excited to be able to have Vacation Bible School (VBS), in person!! VBS at St. Paul is held each summer, with curriculum and counselors provided by Riverside Bible Camp, as well as volunteers from St. Paul. VBS is open to students going into 1st through 6th grade. The program is from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. August 11th and 12th and includes music, drama, Bible study, science, arts & crafts, outdoor games, and more. There is no charge for the program; however, non-perishable donations are welcome for our community. You can read more about the Riverside day camp program at their website; RiversideBible Camp.
The theme this year will be ‘Brand New’, based upon the scripture from Romans 6:4. “Just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.”
Both youth and adult volunteers from the church are needed!!!
Here is some additional information you may find helpful about VBS at St. Paul:
- All children entering 1st-6th grade are welcome
- Lunch, Snack and Beverage will be provided
- Volunteers are needed to help with supervising kids. This is an easy job that requires no advance planning! Just show up and provide a helping hand when asked. We do need to have volunteers committed to attend IN ADVANCE to make sure there is enough help and supervision.
13. Worship Service Helpers/Volunteers Needed! If you are able and willing to help with our 9:30 service, we need you! Please consider helping with St. Paul’s return to normalcy by volunteering. We especially need two Communion Servers for each Sunday to sign-up at this time, but there are lots of positions that need filling! 3 Easy ways to do it:
1. Use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul.
2. Volunteer Kiosk: We have set-up kiosks in the entryway.
3. Call the Church office- 515-462-4270
14. Free Sunshine! If you would like to help mow the church lawn this season, and get your dose of Vitamin D, please use Sign Up Genius to sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-20201 Thank you!
15. Hearing Aid Batteries – A St. Paul member has several hearing aid batteries that he would like to donate to anyone in need. They are size 312 and come in a package of 8. Please let the church office know if you would like some!
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net