Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. Please join us as we worship in-house this week, May 9, 9:30 am. You are also welcome to watch the service livestreamed at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday on our YouTube channel found at this link:
For the health and safety of all those attending in-house worship we ask those attending to adhere to our COVID safety guidelines that include:
- · Wearing a mask while on church property
- · Maintaining 6ft distance from people outside your household
- · Greeting each other with a wave or similar distanced sign of welcome
Pastor Ioanwill be delivering a sermon based on John 17:6-19. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture:
Jesus’ words aren’t just a prayer – it’s a graduation speech. It’s a word I’ve tried to give my children as they left the nest. It’s what I have wished for friends as they moved along in their lives and left me with an aching in my heart.
It is the desire to remember who we are and what we are not. We don’t belong here. But we do live here. We have trouble with relationships, but we have one connection that endures beyond our failures. We get ourselves in all kinds of ethical dilemmas, but we are ultimately safe in the hands of our Creator.
So we go into the world, into our lives and into our dilemmas knowing we are safe – not from danger, but from separation from God. For ultimately, Jesus says, we are entirely “God’s possession.” Thanks be to God. – Roy Christenson
2. Sunday Bible Study: In Person or on Zoom – Bible Study meets at 10:30 a.m. following Sunday morning worship. During the class, we invite questions, comments, and connections, as we expand upon the readings from the worship service. Join us either in-person, safely seated in the sanctuary, OR via zoom on which you can fully participate, using the link below.
To access Zoom on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. click the link below and enter the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode. Or call by phone the below number and then follow the prompts to dial the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode number.
Zoom Sunday Bible Study Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89973259796?pwd=ODNtTTlCZjd2ZHNyUHNRS1oyV0hYQT09
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
Dial-In by Phone:
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
3. Virtual Sunday School – Sunday, May 9, 8 am on our YouTube channel – Call the kids over and have a short time for worship dedicated to our preschool to early/middle elementary age kids.
4. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, May 9, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Marilyn Mount, Nicole Darling; Reader: Jason Darling; Sound: Jacque Mohs; Videographer: Tim Mohs; Musician: Video; Singer: Video; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters: Dan Nielsen, Steve Dick
Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, May 16, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Jason Darling, Nicole Darling; Reader: Jason Darling; Sound: NEEDED; Videographer: Lonna Nielsen; Musician: Video; Singer: Video; Council Leader: Dan Nielsen; Counters: Wayne Martens, Dean Bartelt
5. Worship Service Helpers Needed! If you are able and willing to help with our 9:30 worship, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. Thank you for your service. (You can also call the church office to sign up: 462-4270)
6. Birdies for Charity – Remember my thank you’s from last week? This week I’m thanking you in advance while trolling for donations.
I want a little child to know that families don’t mean hitting or yelling. I want a little child to know that familes don’t ignore a child for an addiction. I want every child to know that families – either biological or foster – are loving and care for each other.
Here’s how you can help: Write a check payable to LSI (Lutheran Services in Iowa) and in the memo write “Birdies for Charity.” Put in Twila’s church mailbox or in the locked box outside the office door. Deadline: May 30, 2021. If you have any questions, call Twila at 462-1505.
PS Remember, I’m trolling and looking for donations. Sammons Financial will send along an additional 10% to each donation!
7. Spring has Sprung! If you would like to help mow the church lawn this season, please use Sign Up Genius to sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-20201 Thank you!
8. Congratulations to our St. Paul 2021 High School Graduates: Paige Anderson, Mara Feirer, Claire Hulscher, Jackson Kimball, Amy Lehman, Dominic Peralez, Olivia Petsche & Alicia Stott.
St. Paul will continue its tradition of gifting quits to our graduating seniors. The quilts will be blessed at the 9:30 a.m. outdoor worship service on Sunday May 16th. The quilts will be delivered after worship throughout the following week. May the quilts be a reminder that wherever life takes them, the love of God and the love of their church surrounds them.
9. Congratulations to our St. Paul 2021 Confirmands: Anders Aasen, Brynn Acton, Colin Allen, Nile Benge, Jacob Gustafson, Madeline Kimball, Bowen Tadlock & Hank Wilmes.
All are invited to attend the outdoor confirmation worship at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday May 16th. Our confirmands will be helping lead the service. We are thankful for the lives and faith of our young people as they take this step in confessing the Christian faith we raised them in as their own faith.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net