1. Please join us Sunday, November 8, at either 8 or 10 am for in-house worship. Pastor Ioan has gone 14 days with no symptoms and has ended his quarantine. He will be delivering a message based on 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture.
“Someone once told me why the loss of a loved one is so painful. “Grief hurts because death was not a part of God’s original plan.” When someone dies people speak of a hole in their lives. People who grieve speak of feeling lost, of experiencing deep emotional pain, of being unable to imagine going on in life without their loved one. Paul acknowledges the pain of death and loss when writing to the early church of Thessalonica. In a very pastoral way, Paul teaches that grief is going to happen, but in Christ our grief assumes a different character. As believers we are caught up in both Christ’s death and resurrection, and the hopeful promise that one day we will be rejoined with those who have passed. This hope, Paul encourages, gives new strength and focus to face the grief we feel when someone close to us dies.”
– Keith Anderson
2. St. Paul Church Building Use during the Pandemic – Now that we have returned to in-person worship, we are receiving requests to use the church building. The Congregation Council understands how difficult it may be for your group to have a large room where you can socially distance to keep each other safe during your gathering. Any and all event requests for our building must start with office manager Dalene (515-462-4270 or office@stpaullutheranchurch.
3. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, November 8, 8:00 am – Greeters: Nicole Darling; Ushers: Dick Anderson; Reader: Wayne Martens: Sound: Lisa Vossekuil; Videographer:
Sunday, November 8, 10:00 am – Greeters: Ann Bartelt; Ushers: NEEDED; Reader: Linda Kenyon; Sound: Lisa Vossekuil
Sunday, November 15, 8:00 am – Greeters: Barb Kellogg; Ushers: NEEDED; Reader: Jacque Mohs; Sound: Wayne Martens; Videographer:
Sunday, November 15, 10:00 am – Greeters: NEEDED; Ushers: NEEDED; Reader: NEEDED; Sound: NEEDED
4. Worship Service Greeters and Ushers Needed – If you are able and willing to be a greeter and usher table attendant OR an usher for our 8:00 and 10:00 worship services, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you reminders of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/
5. St. Paul will celebrate our 9th grade confirmands in a Families Only Confirmation Worship on Sunday, November 15th at noon. We will make the service available through livestream on the church Youtube channel for those who can’t attend. We are grateful for the life and faith of our confirmands as they join us as full members of the church: Grant Anderson, Carson Bellamy, Garrett Gustafson, Alyssa Nelson, Hudson & Hayden Wilmes.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 626-419-6331
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net