1. No in-house worship this Sunday, November 15. A prerecorded worship will be available on our YouTube channel this Sunday by 8:00 a.m. Pastor Ioan will be delivering a message based on Matthew 25:14-30. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture.
“It is not easy to manage an unexpected gift. Have you noticed that many who come into a windfall of cash tend to squander most, if not all of it. On the other hand, life experiences have taught me that most who acquire means over a longer time normally have the gift of being good stewards, yet even the best will blow it sometimes. The key for both groups is to be able to realize that what they have been allowed to use is a trust. For such people, ownership is a word rarely used. In a culture that is often driven by the desire to have it all, maybe Jesus’ words can call us again to recognize the extravagant gifts of God. To recognize that we have received God’s gifts as a trust, and that in Christ we can be drawn and empowered to lives lived simply and responsibly in the joyful use of God’s gifts for the sake of our neighbor.”
– Roger Prios
2. Families Only Confirmation Worship on Sunday, November 15th at noon. St. Paul will continue as planned at the discretion of the families with our in-house 9th grade confirmation celebration. We are taking the precautions in consultation with families to make this event safe during a time where gatherings come with health risks. We will make the service available through livestream on the church YouTube channel for those who can’t attend. We are grateful for the life and faith of our confirmands as they join us as full members of the church: Grant Anderson, Carson Bellamy, Garrett Gustafson, Alyssa Nelson, Hudson & Hayden Wilmes.
3. Virtual Sunday Worship Until Further Notice. Due to a rise in COVID cases in the County and around the State, the Council has decided that upcoming Sunday worship will be virtual until further notice. Prerecorded worship will be available on our YouTube channel to watch at your convenience starting each Sundays at 8:00 a.m. This decision was made in consultation with our Re-Entry Taskforce and our Worship Committee and is in line with our previously established guidelines for potential increased cases in the county to a positivity rate or 15% or greater.
4. Hanging of the Greens will not be held this year. The church sanctuary will be decorated so we can enjoy our Christmas decorations during the livestreamed and recorded services.
5. Continued Ministry. Ministry will continue during this COVID uptick. We need each other and to adapt our love to this time of increased Isolation. Please call and reach out to your friends and family to check-in on each other. Pastor Ioan is available for one-one-one conversation and in-home communion. Please feel free to reach out to him. We will have virtual Advent Devotions on Wednesdays starting December 2nd. We are exploring how to do virtual bible study on Zoom and hope to make that available soon. The local churches are talking together about how to be of support to each other during these upcoming holidays. With kindness and ingenuity, we will get through this together. And out of love for your neighbor, please do what you can to help pull the COVID numbers back down.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 626-419-6331
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net