Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. Please join us as we worship in-house this week, May 2, 9:30 am. You are also welcome to watch the service livestreamed at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday on our YouTube channel found at this link:
For the health and safety of all those attending in-house worship we ask those attending to adhere to our COVID safety guidelines that include:
- · Wearing a mask while on church property
- · Maintaining 6ft distance from people outside your household
- · Greeting each other with a wave or similar distanced sign of welcome
Pastor Ioan will be delivering a sermon based on John 15:1-8. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture:
In verses just prior to today’s text, Jesus tells his followers, “If you love me, keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you” (John 14:15-16, 18).
Jesus goes on to state that he is the true vine and that so long as we remain in contact with him we can be assured that he will not abandon us. We are further assured that our prayers will be heard. So we can rest in that promise and be comforted as we continue to bear fruit as his disciples.
How does my behavior, speech and attitude toward others and myself demonstrate my relationship to my God? Do I really practice what I say I believe? What is it that I can do to become more strongly connected? – Donovan Myers
2. Sunday Bible Study: In Person or on Zoom – Bible Study meets at 10:30 a.m. following Sunday morning worship. During the class, we invite questions, comments, and connections, as we expand upon the readings from the worship service. Join us either in-person, safely seated in the sanctuary, OR via zoom on which you can fully participate, using the link below.
To access Zoom on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. click the link below and enter the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode. Or call by phone the below number and then follow the prompts to dial the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode number.
Zoom Sunday Bible Study Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89973259796?pwd=ODNtTTlCZjd2ZHNyUHNRS1oyV0hYQT09
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
Dial-In by Phone:
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
3. Virtual Sunday School – Sunday, May 2, 8 am on our YouTube channel – Call the kids over and have a short time for worship dedicated to our preschool to early/middle elementary age kids.
4. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, May 2, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Jim & Pat Nelson; Reader: Ted Leonard; Sound: Dan Nielsen; Videographer: Lonna Nielsen; Musician: Video; Singer: Video; Council Leader: Rana Scarlett; Counters: Jen Acton, Kim Patience
Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, May 9, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Marilyn Mount, Nicole Darling; Reader: Jason Darling; Sound: Jacque Mohs; Videographer: Tim Mohs; Musician: Video; Singer: Video; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters: Dan Nielsen, Steve Dick
5. Worship Service Helpers Needed! If you are able and willing to help with our 9:30 worship, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. Thank you for your service. (You can also call the church office to sign up 462-4270.)
6. Food Pantry Sunday is this Sunday! – If you can put nourishing food on your table, be thankful. Remember the many who cannot do so…we have a way to help. Bring canned goods, baby supplies (no infant food), and hygiene items to church and place them in the shopping cart in the entryway. If you prefer, cash or checks are always welcome. Make check payable to “Matura.” The offerings are taken to Matura after the first Sunday of the month. You’ll be part of God’s blessings for those in need!
7. Birdies for Charity – Thank you very much. Thanks so much for what you did last year. You may be the one who helped a child with a disability get his/her needed equipment. Or maybe you were the one who helped a family with stress due to the pandemic. Maybe you were the one who provided counseling for a person in need. Perhaps you were the one who found a foster family for a child who could not stay in his/her own home. You may be the one who helped a refugee family after the government brought them into Iowa; perhaps you helped them with the language or to prepare for citizenship.
You don’t remember? If you gave to Birdies for Charity Golf Tournament (part of the PrincipalCharity Classic), you may have done any of these things. I’m going to do it again, do you want to help? Here’s how: Write a check payable to LSI (Lutheran Services in Iowa) and in the memo write “Birdies for Charity.” Put in Twila’s church mailbox or in the locked box outside the office door. Deadline: May 30, 2021 and you’ve done your work for the year! If you have any questions, call Twila at 462-1505.
PS Sammons Financial will send along an additional 10% to each donation!
8. Spring has Sprung! If you would like to help mow the church lawn this season, please use Sign Up Genius to sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-20201 Thank you!
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net