Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. Come worship with us at 9:30 on Sunday! We are worshipping inside. You are welcome to watch the service livestreamed on our YouTube channel
Pastor Ioan will be delivering a sermon based on Mark 6:1-13. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture:
We are called not only to be prophets but also to be missionaries. Jesus doesn’t do all this work by himself. He sent his first followers to share in his authority and mission. Now he sends us. No, this does not mean you must drop everything and head for Africa or the Pacific Islands. There is plenty of work to be done right here among the people we know who have never heard the story of Jesus. We can’t leave this work for others to do. Jesus sends us.
Sunday is Independence Day. Americans are quick to speak proudly of our nation and our history. We are reminded in this story that we have an even deeper loyalty to Jesus and his ministry. It is Jesus who makes freedom possible. Both Christ and country are important but they are not equal. Christ comes first.
– Zane O. Wilson
2. Congregation COVID Guidelines Update – Masks are optional for all services and ministries at St Paul. Please come, worship, and be fed-we’ve missed you! We are also continuing to livestream Sunday services on our youtube channel, or you can catch the recording posted the next day. If you want to wear a mask, or keep some distance between yourself and others at any service or ministry, for any reason, please do so with St. Paul’s full blessing.
3.Transportation Ministry – St. Paul has begun an ongoing Transportation Ministry. Our first recipients on this transportation ministry are Ronnie and Shirley Addy who need transportation to Ronnie’s kidney dialysis three days a week in south Des Moines at Fresenius Kidney Care, 6651 SW 9th Street. His appointments begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at approximately1:30 p.m. He needs to be picked up no later than 8:40 at North Ward, 415 N. 2nd Street, Winterset, at the south door of the east building. Ronnie will be unable to get into a high vehicle. Please contact Shirley with any questions 515-468-0121. Ronnie’s cell is 515-468-1982.
Please use this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-transportation to SignUp Genius to indicate when you will are willing to drive Ronnie to and/or from his appointment. Please include your cell phone number in the comments. This is a long-term ministry, so check back often as SignUp Genius is updated.
4. July 4 is Food Pantry Sunday! Please bring your donation and place in the shopping cart in the entryway. Monetary donations are also welcome. Make your check out to “Matura” and place in the basket in the shopping cart. Thank you!
5. Sunday Bible Study: Bible Study meets in person only at 10:30 a.m. following Sunday morning worship in the frontmost classroom by the front office. During the class, we invite questions, comments, and connections, as we expand upon the readings from the worship service.
6. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, July 4, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Marilyn Mount, NEEDED; Reader: Dick Anderson; Sound: Dan Nielsen; Videographer: Lonna Nielsen; Musician: Clarice Blanchard; Singer: Darlene Lolier; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters:Kim Patience, Lisa Vossekuil; Communion Bread: Karen Meyer; Communion Servers: NEEDED.
Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, July 11, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: John & Kim Patience, Jim & Pat Nelson; Reader: John Patience; Sound: Wayne Martens; Videographer: Debi Martens; Musician: NEEDED; Singer: NEEDED; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters:Jen Acton, Lisa Vossekuil; Communion Bread: NEEDED; Communion Servers: Jim & Pat Nelson.
7. VBS August 11th and 12th: It’s that time of year again and we are so excited to be able to have Vacation Bible School (VBS), in person!! VBS at St. Paul is held each summer, with curriculum and counselors provided by Riverside Bible Camp, as well as volunteers from St. Paul. VBS is open to students going into 1st through 6th grade. The program is from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. August 11th and 12th and includes music, drama, Bible study, science, arts & crafts, outdoor games, and more. There is no charge for the program; however, non-perishable donations are welcome for our community. You can read more about the Riverside day camp program at their website; RiversideBible Camp.
The theme this year will be ‘Brand New’, based upon the scripture from Romans 6:4. “Just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.”
Both youth and adult volunteers from the church are needed!!!
Here is some additional information you may find helpful about VBS at St. Paul:
- All children entering 1st-6th grade are welcome
- Lunch, Snack and Beverage will be provided
- Volunteers are needed to help with supervising kids. This is an easy job that requires no advance planning! Just show up and provide a helping hand when asked. We do need to have volunteers committed to attend IN ADVANCE to make sure there is enough help and supervision.
8. Worship Service Helpers Needed! If you are able and willing to help with our 9:30 worship, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. Thank you for your service. (You can also call the church office to sign up: 515-462-4270)
9. Volunteer Kiosk: To return to the full array of ministries St. Paul had before COVID, we need volunteers. We have set-up kiosks in the entryway to help make it easier to sign-up to volunteer. This is in addition to using Sign-Up Genius, our website or volunteering by calling the office (515-462-4270). We especially need two Communion Servers for each Sunday to sign-up at this time. Please consider helping with St. Paul’s return to normalcy by volunteering.
10. Free Sunshine! If you would like to help mow the church lawn this season, and get your dose of Vitamin D, please use Sign Up Genius to sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-20201 Thank you!
11. Our Office Manager, Dalene, will be out of the office July 7-12.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net