Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. Bring your lawn chairs on June 13th at 9:30 am, and join us as we worship the Lord outside this week! Since we’re worshipping outside, we are unable to livestream the service. We welcome you to watch the service on our YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGS1lerfFbq3qHAywQcofQafter it’s posted on Monday.
Pastor Ioan will be delivering a sermon based on Mark 4:26-34. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture:
I am not a farmer, but I live among farmers and have learned much from them. Their work is long and hard—and it bears no resemblance to the Hallmark movies I enjoy watching. There is so much more that goes into farming than simply scattering seed and watching it grow, and I recognize that I know only a tiny portion of what that entails. But I have learned, too, that farmers are people of great faith, for they recognize that they can do everything perfectly and still not have a crop, that there are things that are completely beyond their control. In this parable, Jesus invites us to remember that there are things over which we have no control—that something as simple as scattering seed and watching it grow is more about faith and trust in a bountiful creator than it is about anything we have done. – Janet Gwin
2. Congregation COVID Guidelines Update – While outside, we will have a section for those that are vaccinated, prefer not to wear a mask and/or social distance. We will also have a section for those that are not yet fully vaccinated or are more comfortable wearing a mask and being socially distanced. Due to the recent change in CDC guidelines, if we need to move inside due to inclement weather, or if you’re helping with the worship service inside the building, masks are optional for those that are fully vaccinated. We will also allow singing indoors and outside. We do recommend that those who are not yet fully vaccinated wear a mask and refrain from singing in order to protect others.
Masks are optional in small group settings like bible study, committee meetings and Quilters for those that are vaccinated. We encourage those that are not yet vaccinated to wear a mask, however, non-vaccinated group members may choose to remove their masks if everyone present agrees.
The Re-Entry Taskforce, Worship Committee and Council will determine and communicate next steps after June 13th.
3. Sunday Bible Study: In Person or on Zoom through June – Bible Study meets at 10:30 a.m. following Sunday morning worship. As part of our transition back to normalcy as Covid wanes, we will begin to transition to being only in-person for Sunday bible study and meet in a smaller classroom rather than in the sanctuary. During the class, we invite questions, comments, and connections, as we expand upon the readings from the worship service. Join us either in-person OR via zoom on which you can fully participate, using the link below.
To access Zoom on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. click the link below and enter the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode. Or call by phone the below number and then follow the prompts to dial the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode number.
Zoom Sunday Bible Study Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89973259796?pwd=ODNtTTlCZjd2ZHNyUHNRS1oyV0hYQT09
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
Dial-In by Phone:
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
4. Virtual Sunday School – Sunday, June 13, 8 am on our YouTube channel – Call the kids over and have a short time for worship dedicated to our preschool to early/middle elementary age kids.
5. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, June 13, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Nicole and Curtis Anderson; Reader: Dick Anderson Sound: Wayne Martens; Videographer: Debi Martens; Musician: Clarice Blanchard; Singer: NEEDED; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters: Jen Acton, Kim Patience
Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, June 20, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Troy and Donna Schroeder; Reader: NEEDED; Sound: Wayne Martens; Videographer: Debi Martens; Musician: NEEDED; Singer: NEEDED; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters: Dan Nielsen, Steve Dick
6. Worship Service Helpers Needed! If you are able and willing to help with our 9:30 worship, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. Thank you for your service. (You can also call the church office to sign up: 462-4270)
7. Have you registered for Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp? Please check out their week long Youth Camp, Ranch Camp & Adventure Camp: www.riversidelbc.org There may be some spots left. Through the generosity of the St. Paul Trust Fund we are offering a $300 campership per child for St. Paul families attending a week long camp at Riverside. It’s been a tough year, and the Trust Fund wants our kids to long forward to a joyful Summer. At the end of the registration process when you get to the payment section enter “SPW21” as your discount code and the $300 will be automatically applied in addition to the deposit families will also need to provide. If the deposit or remaining camp costs would still prevent your child from going to camp, please talk to the camp or Pastor Ioan and we will work something out so finances aren’t the preventing factor.
https://youtu.be/Rmlm_ObRaW8 (Junior High – current 5th-8th graders)
https://youtu.be/JRkDqQ65YWU (High School – current 9th-12th graders)
8. Free Sunshine! If you would like to help mow the church lawn this season, and get your dose of Vitamin D, please use Sign Up Genius to sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-20201 Thank you!
9. Christ in Our Home Devotionals for the third quarter 2021 are now available from the church office. Let the office know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like one placed in your church mailbox or if you’d like one mailed to you.
10. Birdies for Charity Update – A special thank you to the St. Paul Trust Fund for a $500 donation to LSI Birdies for Chairty. In addition, we had 5 members of the congregation who made donations totaling $1675, making our grand total donation of $2175. Thank you to all who participated!
11.Transportation Ministry – St. Paul has begun an ongoing Transportation Ministry. Our first recipients on this transportation ministry are Ronnie and Shirley Addy who need transportation to Ronnie’s kidney dialysis three days a week in south Des Moines at Fresenius Kidney Care, 6651 SW 9th Street. His appointments begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at approximately1:30 p.m. He needs to be picked up no later than 8:40 at North Ward, 415 N. 2nd Street, Winterset, at the south door of the east building. Ronnie will be unable to get into a high vehicle. Please contact Shirley with any questions 515-468-0121. Ronnie’s cell is 515-468-1982.
Please use this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-transportation to SignUp Genius to indicate when you will are willing to drive Ronnie to and/or from his appointment. Please include your cell phone number in the comments. This is a long-term ministry, so check back often as SignUp Genius is updated.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net