Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. Come worship with us at 9:30 on Sunday! We will be worshipping inside this Sunday. You are welcome to watch the service livestreamed on our YouTube channel
Pastor Ioan will be delivering a sermon based on Mark 4:35-41. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture:
“Lord, don’t you care?”
Perhaps like me, you’ve asked that question in some form. “Why me?” or “Why that loved one?” or “Why those people?” If you’re so powerful Lord, how could you let this happen to someone so faithful to you? “Lord, don’t you care?”
But Jesus asks a question in return: “Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?” Our faith certainly vacillates, sometimes even from hour to hour. But why am I still afraid? Jesus is in the boat after all. We trust that Jesus does care. And yet there will continue to be times when Jesus seems to me to be asleep. Yet that’s what faith is for after all; to trust at those times especially. And Jesus’ capacity to quiet our fear, our self centeredness, our anxiety, our insecurity that rage within us is also a great miracle. Then “Don’t you care?” can turn to “Who is this who continually works to still our troubled spirits? – Tim Kellgren
2. Congregation COVID Guidelines Update – Masks are optional for those that are fully vaccinated. We will also allow singing indoors. We do recommend that those who are not yet fully vaccinated wear a mask and refrain from singing in order to protect others. Masks are optional in small group settings like bible study, committee meetings and Quilters for those that are vaccinated. We encourage those that are not yet vaccinated to wear a mask, however, non-vaccinated group members may choose to remove their masks if everyone present agrees.
3.Transportation Ministry – St. Paul has begun an ongoing Transportation Ministry. Our first recipients on this transportation ministry are Ronnie and Shirley Addy who need transportation to Ronnie’s kidney dialysis three days a week in south Des Moines at Fresenius Kidney Care, 6651 SW 9th Street. His appointments begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at approximately1:30 p.m. He needs to be picked up no later than 8:40 at North Ward, 415 N. 2nd Street, Winterset, at the south door of the east building. Ronnie will be unable to get into a high vehicle. Please contact Shirley with any questions 515-468-0121. Ronnie’s cell is 515-468-1982.
Please use this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-transportation to SignUp Genius to indicate when you will are willing to drive Ronnie to and/or from his appointment. Please include your cell phone number in the comments. This is a long-term ministry, so check back often as SignUp Genius is updated.
4. Blood Drive – Our next Blood Drive is Tuesday, June 22, from 2-7 pm. Call 1-800-287-4903 to schedule your blood donation time!
5. Sunday Bible Study: In Person or on Zoom through June – Bible Study meets at 10:30 a.m. following Sunday morning worship. As part of our transition back to normalcy as Covid wanes, we will begin to transition to being only in-person for Sunday bible study and meet in a smaller classroom rather than in the sanctuary. During the class, we invite questions, comments, and connections, as we expand upon the readings from the worship service. Join us either in-person OR via zoom on which you can fully participate, using the link below.
To access Zoom on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. click the link below and enter the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode. Or call by phone the below number and then follow the prompts to dial the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode number.
Zoom Sunday Bible Study Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89973259796?pwd=ODNtTTlCZjd2ZHNyUHNRS1oyV0hYQT09
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
Dial-In by Phone:
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
6. Virtual Sunday School – Sunday, June 20, 8 am on our YouTube channel – Call the kids over and have a short time for worship dedicated to our preschool to early/middle elementary age kids.
7. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, June 20, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Troy and Donna Schroeder; Reader: Beth Sunds; Sound: Wayne Martens; Videographer: Debi Martens; Musician: NEEDED; Singer: Beth Sunds; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters: Dan Nielsen, Steve Dick
Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, June 27, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Joe and Amy Kimball; Reader: Amy Kimball; Sound: Wayne Martens; Videographer: Debi Martens; Musician: NEEDED; Singer: NEEDED; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters: Dean Bartelt,Wayne Martens
8. Worship Service Helpers Needed! If you are able and willing to help with our 9:30 worship, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. Thank you for your service. (You can also call the church office to sign up: 462-4270)
9. Free Sunshine! If you would like to help mow the church lawn this season, and get your dose of Vitamin D, please use Sign Up Genius to sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-20201 Thank you!
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net