Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. Please join us as we worship in-house this week, March 14, 9:30 am. You are also welcome to watch the service livestreamed at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday on our YouTube channel found at this link:
For the health and safety of all those attending in-house worship we ask those attending to adhere to our COVID safety guidelines that include:
- · Wearing a mask while on church property
- · Maintaining 6ft distance from people outside your household
- · Greeting each other with a wave or similar distanced sign of welcome
Pastor Ioan will be delivering a message based on John 3:14-21. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture:
Many of us have had painful experiences of what we thought was “love” in various types of relationships. Superficial affection, self-interest, and even abuse can masquerade as love and make us doubt if such a thing even exists.
This familiar gospel reading shows that real love is God’s love, defined as a gift (see verse 16). Not just any gift, but the gift of God’s only Son, Jesus, who willingly died humanity’s death so that all can live abundant life both now and forever. Love is manifest not only in the gift itself, but also in God’s act of giving sacrificially for the benefit of others. Divine love calls and capacitates people to give of themselves to God and others for the sake of true relationships that build up, not destroy.
As we journey toward the cross, we are called to surrender false notions of love and our very selves to the One who is true love. – Jennifer V. Pietz
2. Virtual Sunday Bible Study *TIME CHANGE* – We gather this Sunday March 14 primarily in-person at church at 10:30 a.m. We are going to try to have a hybrid class both in-person and via Zoom, and we apologize in advance if we are not able to do this as well as we like. We will make adjustments or changes or meeting format once we learn if and/or how well the hybrid model will work. Pastor Ioan will log-in to Zoom at 10:30 a.m. for those who can’t be there in-person but desire to be included in the study.
To access Zoom on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. click the link below and enter the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode. Or call by phone the below number and then follow the prompts to dial the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode number.
Zoom Sunday Bible Study Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89973259796?pwd=ODNtTTlCZjd2ZHNyUHNRS1oyV0hYQT09
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
Dial-In by Phone:
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
3. Virtual Sunday School – Sunday, March 14, 8 am on our YouTube channel – Call the kids over and have a short time for worship dedicated to our preschool to early/middle elementary age kids.
4. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, March 14, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Barb Kellogg, Shirley Tallman; Reader: Linda Kenyon; Sound: Wayne Martens; Videographer: Pat Nelson; Musician: Clarice Blanchard; Singer: Sue Hansen; Council Leader: Rana Scarlett; Counters: Wayne Martens, Lisa Vossekuil.
Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, March 21, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Mark and Brenda Hollingsworth; Reader: Shirley Tallman; Sound: Dan Nielsen; Videographer: Lonna Nielsen; Musician: Georgine Bellamy; Singer: Sue Hansen, Beth Sunds; Council Leader: Rana Scarlett; Counters: Jen Acton, Lisa Vossekuil.
5. Worshp Service Helpers Needed! If you are able and willing to help witih our 9:30 worship or any of our Holy Week services, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. Thank you for your service. (You can also call the church office to sign up 462-4270.)
6. Lenten Opportunities – For the next two Wednesdays we will be exploring prayer and practical ways to engage prayer. There will be an in-person option for folks at 10:30am in the sanctuary and virtual option on Zoom at 7pm. Here is how to access Zoom/Dial in:
Mar 17, 2021 07:00 PM
Mar 24, 2021 07:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 4388 6782
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89243886782#,,,,*1120# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,89243886782#,,,,*1120# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 892 4388 6782
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kJxB3Ewcd
7. Holy Week Worship Schedule:
- Palm Sunday 9:30 a.m. Worship starts outside with palms procession
- Maundy Thursday 7:00 p.m. Traditional Communion service with bread & wine offered
- Good Friday 7:00 p.m. Joint worship with Presbyterians at St. Paul
- Easter Sunrise 7:30 a.m in Sanctuary
- Easter 9:30 a.m. Outdoor worship
8. Spring Ahead! Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead one hour when you go to bed on Saturday, March 13. Daylight savings time begins at 2 am on March 14.
9. Easter is coming up soon! We love to have the church property looking its best. Our annual spring clean-up day will be Saturday March 27; beginning at 9:00. We would love to have many helpers and it won’t take long. Gloves, rakes, and shovels are all useful. Thank you!
10. Easter Lilies and Prayer Vigil – With the holiday season approaching we have some St. Paul Traditions that we hope will be renewed this season. Here are two opportunities to share the love amongst our membership. We have ordered 30, 5-bloom Easter Lilies. Members will pay $20/lily and have recognition in the announcements who you are honoring or remembering with your gift. The lilies will be delivered to the church and you are free to pick them up after Easter services and plant them or give them away. Please sign up today at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-easter
Your check may be placed in the locked box outside the office or turned into the office. Sign up today!
The Prayer Vigil is returning on April 1st, from 8:00 pm Maundy Thursday until April 2nd, at 7:00 pm on Good Friday. There are 24, 1-hour slots so we can be in constant prayer during the time of trial for our Savior. You are free to do your prayer time at the chapel or in your home. If in the chapel please follow the safety protocols. We ask that you contact the person after you when you have completed your prayer time. Please follow this link to sign up for a prayer time. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-2021
11. Blood Drive – Our next Blood Drive is March 23 from 2-7 pm. Call 1-800-287-4903 to schedule your donation time! Thank you!
12. Christ in Our Home Devotionals for the second quarter 2021 are now available from the church office. Let the office know (email@example.com) if you’d like one placed in your church mailbox or if you’d like one mailed to you.
13. VBS August 9th-12th: St. Paul is inviting Riverside Bible camp to lead Vacation Bible School for us on Aug. 9-12. The theme will be Brand New, based upon the scripture from Romans 6:4. “Just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” There will also be a preschool portion in addition to the elementary age program. Both youth and adult volunteers from the church will be needed.
14.Pastor Ioan is available for one-one-one conversation and in-home communion. Please feel free to reach out to him. firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-419-5224.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net