Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. We are excited to announce that we are offering the choice of gathering in person again on Sunday, March 7 at 9:30 am. Current 14-day Madison County COVID positivity rates have trended down for several weeks and are currently at 8% (2/17/21). Please understand that your Council does not make this choice lightly and please understand that worshiping in person IS a choice. If you do not feel safe or if you are showing any signs of illness, please continue to worship online. If you do feel like you can come in person, please be understanding of the need to continue to wear masks and social distance. There are a wide range of feelings, even in our own congregation about returning to in-person worship. Please be understanding and loving with all of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Let’s overflow with Grace for one another!
In the words of some good old Lutheran Hymns:
REJOICE, REJOICE, BELIEVERS we have determined that it is again time to offer the option of in-person worship.
NOW WE JOIN IN CELEBRATION AT OUR SAVIOR’S INVITATION to gather once again within the walls of St. Paul Lutheran Church.
FOR ALL THE SAINTS have lost touch with one another, let us find that community spirit once again.
GREET NOW THE SWIFTLY CHANGING YEAR – it has been decided to hold one service at 9:30 a.m. beginning February 28th.
WITH HIM AS LORD TO LEAD OUR WAY
IN WANT AND IN PROSPERITY,
WHAT NEED WE FEAR IN EARTH OR SPACE
IN THIS NEW YEAR OF GRACE
HOW BLESSED IS THE PLACE, O LORD, WHERE YOU ARE WORSHIPED AND ADORED and where we can prepare a safe environment for all in attendance.
NOW THE SILENCE is still requested, mask up, social distance and listen.
HOW GOOD LORD TO BE HERE, but we are in need of volunteers. Pat Nelson is recruiting readers and ushers so feel free to reach out to her. 515-468-0775
SONGS OF THANKFULLNESS AND PRAISE, JESUS, LORD, TO THEE WE RAISE, for people willing to run the power point and sound. Contact Pastor Ioan if you are willing to be trained. 515-419-5224
PRAISE AND THANKS AND ADORATION for a live stream operation. If you can run a video camera or are willing to learn, please contact Lonna Nielsen. 515-210-4086
JESUS, REFUGE OF THE WEARY, open our hearts for whatever way we decide to worship, even during these unprecedented times.
SOON AND VERY SOON we can get back to a more normal service but until that time we will remain one community of brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter where we are.
2. Please join us as we worship in-house this week, March 7, 9:30 am. Pastor Ioanwill be delivering a message based on John 2:13-22. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture:
The last time I was in New York City, I visited the Sept. 11 memorial for the first time. The memorial has a peaceful yet commanding presence. It serves as both an aching reminder of what stood there before and an overwhelming tribute to those who lost their lives on that day. One of the things that struck me most at the memorial was the Survivor Tree. The tree was discovered about a month after the attacks, severely damaged with snapped roots and burned and broken branches. Today it stands with multiple ties stabilizing it and a barrier around it so it is not disturbed as it heals. As one of the only living things to survive at Ground Zero, it is a beautiful reminder that life can (and indeed does) come out of death. You may not look quite the same as you did going in, but alas, life, hope and faith can find you again. Thanks be to God for that! – Elizabeth Pedersen
3. Virtual Sunday Bible Study *TIME CHANGE* – We gather this Sunday March 7 primarily in-person at church at 10:30 a.m. We are going to try to have a hybrid class both in-person and via Zoom, and we apologize in advance if we are not able to do this as well as we like. We will make adjustments or changes or meeting format once we learn if and/or how well the hybrid model will work. Pastor Ioan will log-in to Zoom at 10:30 a.m. for those who can’t be there in-person but desire to be included in the study.
To access Zoom on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. click the link below and enter the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode. Or call by phone the below number and then follow the prompts to dial the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode number.
Zoom Sunday Bible Study Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89973259796?pwd=ODNtTTlCZjd2ZHNyUHNRS1oyV0hYQT09
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
Dial-In by Phone:
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
4. Virtual Sunday School – Sunday, March 7, 8 am on our YouTube channel – Call the kids over and have a short time for worship dedicated to our preschool to early/middle elementary age kids.
5. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, March 7, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Jim Nelson, Marilyn Mount; Reader: Nicole Darling; Sound: Jacque Mohs; Videographer: Debi Martens; Musician: Georgine Bellamy; Singer: Pat Nelson; Council Leader: Jacque Mohs.
6. Worshp Service Helpers Needed! If you are able and willing to help witih our 9:30 worship, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. Thank you for your service. (You can also call the church office to sign up 462-4270.)
7. Food Pantry Sunday is March 7 – If you can put nourishing food on our table, be thankful. Remember the many who cannot do so…we have a way to help. Bring canned goods, baby supplies (no infant food), and hygiene items to church and place them in the shopping cart in the entryway. If you prefer, cash or checks are always welcome. Make checks payable to “Matura.” The offerings are taken to Matura after the first Sunday of the month. You’ll be part of God’s blessings for those in need. Thank you!
8. Thank you to all who participated in the Souper Bowl of Caring! We are proud to announce that 154 grocery items and $1,670 were taken to Matura and $1,525 was sent to ELCA Hunger Fund.
9. Lenten Opportunities – For the next three Wednesdays we will be exploring prayer and practical ways to engage prayer. There will be an in-person option for folks at 10:30am in the sanctuary and virtual option on Zoom at 7pm. Here is how to access Zoom/Dial in:
Mar 10, 2021 07:00 PM
Mar 17, 2021 07:00 PM
Mar 24, 2021 07:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 4388 6782
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89243886782#,,,,*1120# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,89243886782#,,,,*1120# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 892 4388 6782
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kJxB3Ewcd
10.Pastor Ioan is available for one-one-one conversation and in-home communion. Please feel free to reach out to him. email@example.com or 515-419-5224.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net