Good morning. Here are the Friday announcements!
1. Bring your lawn chairs on May 30th at 9:30 am, and join us as we worship the Lord outside this week! Since we’re worshipping outside, we are unable to livestream the service. We welcome you to watch the service on our YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGS1lerfFbq3qHAywQcofQafter it’s posted on Monday.
Pastor Ioan will be delivering a sermon based on John 3:1-17. Below is a devotion based on that Scripture:
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.” How many times do you think you’ve heard this verse from the Gospel of John in your lifetime?
How is it that we could question the truth of it? Sometimes it may be when a marriage is falling apart—or a loved one gets cancer—or the world is disrupted by a pandemic and millions of lives are lost—certainly it is then that we might question God’s love.
And this is when we need to hear these words again. For even if we don’t understand the reasons behind life’s tragedies and sufferings, we can hear the hope in God’s promise of John 3:16. That God’s love is so deep that no disease or hate or tragedy will make us perish, for God’s Son has given us eternal life through a cross. – Karri Anderson
2. Congregation COVID Guidelines Update – While outside, we will have a section for those that are vaccinated, prefer not to wear a mask and/or social distance. We will also have a section for those that are not yet fully vaccinated or are more comfortable wearing a mask and being socially distanced. Due to the recent change in CDC guidelines, if we need to move inside due to inclement weather, or if you’re helping with the worship service inside the building, masks are optional for those that are fully vaccinated. We will also allow singing indoors and outside. We do recommend that those who are not yet fully vaccinated wear a mask and refrain from singing in order to protect others.
Masks are optional in small group settings like bible study, committee meetings and Quilters for those that are vaccinated. We encourage those that are not yet vaccinated to wear a mask, however, non-vaccinated group members may choose to remove their masks if everyone present agrees.
The Re-Entry Taskforce, Worship Committee and Council will determine and communicate next steps after June 13th.
3. Sunday Bible Study: In Person or on Zoom through June – Bible Study meets at 10:30 a.m. following Sunday morning worship. As part of our transition back to normalcy as Covid wanes, we will begin to transition to being only in-person for Sunday bible study and meet in a smaller classroom rather than in the sanctuary. During the class, we invite questions, comments, and connections, as we expand upon the readings from the worship service. Join us either in-person OR via zoom on which you can fully participate, using the link below.
To access Zoom on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. click the link below and enter the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode. Or call by phone the below number and then follow the prompts to dial the required Meeting ID number and the Passcode number.
Zoom Sunday Bible Study Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89973259796?pwd=ODNtTTlCZjd2ZHNyUHNRS1oyV0hYQT09
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
Dial-In by Phone:
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 899 7325 9796
4. Virtual Sunday School – Sunday, May 30, 8 am on our YouTube channel – Call the kids over and have a short time for worship dedicated to our preschool to early/middle elementary age kids.
5. Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, May 30, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Jim and Pat Nelson; Reader: Pat Nelson; Sound: Jacque Mohs; Videographer: Debi Martens; Musician: Clarice Blanchard; Singer: NEEDED; Council Leader: Rana Scarlett; Counters: Dan Nielsen, Steve Dick
Upcoming Worship Helpers: Sunday, June 6, 9:30 am. – Greeter/Usher: Mark & Linda Kenyon; Reader: Linda Kenyon; Sound: Dan Nielsen; Videographer: Lonna Nielsen; Musician: NEEDED; Singer: NEEDED; Council Leader: NEEDED; Counters: Dean Bartelt, Wayne Martens
6. Worship Service Helpers Needed! If you are able and willing to help with our 9:30 worship, please use Sign-Up Genius! It’s easy to access and will even send you a reminder of your commitment. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b48afaf22a6ff2-stpaul. You will be of big assistance to those who desire to worship in-person as we follow our safety protocols. Thank you for your service. (You can also call the church office to sign up: 462-4270)
7. Deadline is near for Birdies for Charity – I guess I’ve lost my touch on recruiting for donations. I know that we’re a giving and caring community of faith and that you all love to help people. The good news is that there’s still timefor you to help me help others.Let’s do this together!
Here’s how you can help: Write a check payable to LSI (Lutheran Services in Iowa) and in the memo write “Birdies for Charity.” Put in Twila’s church mailbox or in the locked box outside the office door. Deadline: Sunday, May 30, 2021. If you have any questions, call Twila at 462-1505.
PS Sammons Financial will send along an additional 10% to each donation!
8. St. Paul will have an open meeting about our Children & Youth Ministry on Sunday, June 6th directly following our 9:30 a.m. worship. A vibrant children & youth ministry is broadly desired by members, but also critical for our church bouncing back from our COVID downturn. All are invited to this open meeting, but we especially need those who have any ability to volunteer and help our children and youth ministry revitalize. Those who attended will have the opportunity to give input on a tentative short-term ministry plan for this Summer & Fall, and contribute their thoughts and ideas to our church’s more general children & youth ministry vision.
9. Have you registered for Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp? Please check out their week long Youth Camp, Ranch Camp & Adventure Camp: www.riversidelbc.org There may be some spots left. Through the generosity of the St. Paul Trust Fund we are offering a $300 campership per child for St. Paul families attending a week long camp at Riverside. It’s been a tough year, and the Trust Fund wants our kids to long forward to a joyful Summer. At the end of the registration process when you get to the payment section enter “SPW21” as your discount code and the $300 will be automatically applied in addition to the deposit families will also need to provide. If the deposit or remaining camp costs would still prevent your child from going to camp, please talk to the camp or Pastor Ioan and we will work something out so finances aren’t the preventing factor.
https://youtu.be/Rmlm_ObRaW8 (Junior High – current 5th-8th graders)
https://youtu.be/JRkDqQ65YWU (High School – current 9th-12th graders)
10. Free Sunshine! If you would like to help mow the church lawn this season, and get your dose of Vitamin D, please use Sign Up Genius to sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B48AFAF22A6FF2-20201 Thank you!
11. You are invited to celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary of Mark & Brenda Hollingsworth on June 26, from 4:30 – 8:00 pm, 2452 Millstream Ave, Winterset. The event will be outside in a covered area. Dress is casual. Please RSVP to Shelly Pease at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-767-2773 by June 12.
12. St. Paul would like to begin revitalizing our youth ministry. So let’s start the summer with something fun for our youth and families. Join Pastor Ioan at the Iowa Theater on Sunday, May 30th, at 2pm for the matinee showing of Godzilla vs. Kong. Our youth, their families and friends are invited to attend the movie for free. We have reserved the balcony for our group. Please consider attending and inviting family and friends to join you. We have a Sign-up Genius to see how many seats we might need:
Hope to see you at the movies to see a giant monkey punch a giant lizard.
Church office phone: 515-462-4270
Church office email: Office@stpaullutheranchurch.net
Pastor Ioan Ittu: 515-419-5224
Pastor Ioan email: Pastorioan@stpaullutheranchurch.net